What is CISO?
The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is responsible for designing and implementing effective IT security programs and practices to protect the company from internal and external threats.
The CISO oversees security management, and is expected to respond to, and report on, all security incidents including data breaches.
Faced with rapidly evolving security threats, the CISO in Singapore will continually review and update the company’s security systems to ensure its systems and assets are protected at all times.
What should be included in a CISO job description?
If you are hiring a CISO in Singapore, the job description can feature:
- Reviewing, initiating and monitoring appropriate cyber security strategies in line with regulatory standards on data protection
- Developing security solutions including intrusion detection, firewalls, data, and encryption
- Developing and implementing policies, standards and procedures to maintain a high level of security
- Advising management on the appropriate cyber security solutions and technologies to be deployed
- Tracking all regulatory and technical changes to ensure company policies are compliant
- Staying abreast of evolving security threats, identifying potential weaknesses in company systems, and reviewing and implementing change management processes
- Building a company-wide culture of security risk assessment and compliance
What skills and qualifications should a CISO have?
The CISO is a leadership role, and tertiary qualifications are typically required including a degree in:
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Engineering or equivalent
There are also several qualities that CISO candidates in Singapore should be expected to display:
- Excellent communication skills and work ethic
- Ability to confidently interact at multiple levels in the organisation and lead cross-departmental team projects
- Experience presenting to senior level executives
- Excellent problem diagnosis and analytical skills with an affinity for documentation and process
- Strong technical knowledge with network and security technology familiarity