What is a Cyber-security Manager?
The Cyber-security Manager monitors the information inflows in and out of an IT network, monitoring threats and identifying measures to protect the integrity of the company’s information systems and data.
In order to stay abreast with evolving cyber-security risks in Singapore, the Cyber-security Manager performs routine testing and maintenance of hardware systems, and implements software upgrades when necessary, as well as developing a company-wide plan to be followed in the event of significant cyber-attack.
What should be included in a Cyber-security Manager job description?
If you are hiring a Cyber-security Manager in Singapore, the job description can feature:
- Managing, deploying and maintaining security infrastructure
- Implementing security systems, such as firewalls, data protection controls and encryption
- Conducting vulnerability tests and identifying and addressing any weaknesses
- Monitoring information systems and responding to any cyber-security incidents
- Automating security controls, data and processes
- Developing policy around third-party risk with vendors and suppliers
- Identifying and managing data privacy risks and compliance requirements
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on cyber-security technologies and standards
- Possibly training employees to understand and follow security measures
What skills and qualifications should a Cyber-security Manager have?
Tertiary qualifications are often expected for the Cyber-security Manager role in Singapore, including a degree in:
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Engineering or equivalent
Specialist security certifications such as GSEC (GIAC Security Essentials), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) or AWS (Amazon Web Services) may also be required for Singaporean Cyber-security Managers.
There are several qualities that candidates for a Cyber-security Manager role should be expected to display:
- Maintain relevant industry, information technology, and process knowledge expertise
- Present cyber-related presentations to internal and external audiences
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to lead a team
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills, and excellent written and oral communication
- Adept at building internal and external relationships with a focus on customer service