What is an Infrastructure Architect?
The Infrastructure Architect designs, implements, and integrates information systems to fit within existing systems infrastructure.
They will work with existing systems infrastructure and make the necessary modifications for the development of new infrastructure technologies and system requirements.
An Infrastructure Architect will also execute test plans and verify proper operation of the completed system implementations to ensure the system is supporting business goals.
What should be included in an Infrastructure Architect job description?
If you are hiring an Infrastructure Architect in Singapore, the job description can feature:
- Analysing business needs and design solutions within a specific timeframe and budget
- Reviewing existing systems to ensure security and efficacy
- Designing, reviewing and integrating new systems
- Maintaining and upgrading software, hardware, and networks as needed
- Recommending improvements or alternative technologies to better meet business needs
- Collecting performance data to monitor systems, and provide feedback
- Conducting detailed analysis of infrastructure design and security standards
- Managing new setups or upgrades of system/network infrastructure projects
- Executing test plans and verifying proper operation of completed system implementations
What skills and qualifications should an Infrastructure Architect have?
A formal degree is typically required for an Infrastructure Architect role in Singapore, often with tertiary qualifications in:
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Engineering or equivalent
There are several qualities that candidates for an Infrastructure Architect role should be expected to display:
- High sense of responsibility, independent working methods and willingness to exchange experiences and information
- Strong communication and teamwork skills, as well as a high sense of responsibility
- High willingness to independently induction into new topics and a strong willingness to design
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues at all levels of the organisation
- Requires exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with other teams and vendors to troubleshoot and triage issues