What is a Network Architect?
The Network Architect identifies where a company needs data networks, and designs and constructs appropriate communication networks including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and intranets in Singapore.
A Network Architects also manages upgrades of software, as well as hardware such as adapters or routers, to ensure networks are performing at an optimal level at all times.
What should be included in a Network Architect job description?
If you are hiring a Network Architect in Singapore, the job description can feature:
- Analysing data communication needs in tandem with business objectives
- Producing plans and layouts for an effective data communication network
- Managing computer networks to ensure they operate effectively
- Installing routers, cables, modems and other necessary hardware and software
- Planning the implementation of security patches or other counter measures to maintain network security
- Undertaking maintenance and repairs to company networks
- Documenting network design and configuration
- Reviewing and assessing new technologies to accommodate growing data traffic
What skills and qualifications should a Network Architect have?
A formal degree is typically required for a Network Architect in Singapore, often with tertiary qualifications in:
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
Professional certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) may also be desirable for a Network Architect.
There are several qualities that candidates for a Network Architect role should be expected to display:
- Develop and drive IT solutions
- Establish collaborative working relationships and teams to accomplish objectives
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent network analysis and IT troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal, customer relationship and communication skills to facilitate the implementation of efficient business processes