What is a Network Manager?
The Network Manager maintains an organisation's data communications networks, which can include local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and intranets, to ensure they are always performing effectively.
A Network Manager will also maintain a program of regular testing to determine whether the network is performing efficiently and identify any security gaps.
What should be included in a Network Manager job description?
If you are hiring a Network Manager in Singapore, the job description can feature:
- Monitoring network performance and tracking network usage to report on system load, usage and response
- Performing diagnostic analysis of the network
- Planning and implementing network upgrades to achieve optimal performance
- Identifying and resolving gaps in controls or faults/defects in the network
- Responding to network cyber-security threats
- Ensuring the network and security equipment are updated to the latest firmware
- Liaising with vendors and contractors for network-specific products and services
- Documenting the network and security policies
What skills and qualifications should a Network Manager have?
A formal degree is typically required for a Network Manager in Singapore, often with tertiary qualifications in:
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
Professional certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) may also be desirable for a Network Manager.
There are several qualities that candidates for a Network Manager role in Singapore should be expected to display:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced IT environment and capable of motivating teams
- Experienced in making data-driven decisions
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to direct multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in procurement, budgeting, forecasting, and asset management
- Proven skills in leadership development and team building