What is a Security Architect?
The Security Architect is responsible for overseeing the security of a company’s IT network in Singapore.
They will design, build, test and implement security systems, and monitor the effectiveness of security measures on an ongoing basis.
A Security Architect will stay up to date with the latest security standards, systems and authentication protocols, and engage best practice security products across the entire IT network.
What should be included in a Security Architect job description?
If you are hiring a Security Architect in Singapore, the job description can feature:
- Reviewing current system security measures and recommending and implementing enhancements
- Conducting regular system tests and ensuring continuous monitoring of network security
- Developing project timelines for ongoing system upgrades
- Ensuring all personnel have access to the IT system limited by need and role
- Implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management or related technologies
- Establishing disaster recovery procedures and conducting breach of security drills
- Promptly responding to all security incidents and providing thorough post-event analyses
- Fostering a company-wide culture of security awareness
- Possibly, arranging employee training to ensure security policies are adhered to at all times
What skills and qualifications should a Security Architect have?
A formal degree is typically required for a Security Architect role in Singapore, often with tertiary qualifications in:
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Engineering or equivalent
Specialist security certifications such as GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) may also be required.
There are several qualities that candidates in Singapore applying for a Security Architect role should be expected to display:
- Ability to deal with pressure when faced with urgent issues
- Ability to effectively communicate to both technical staff and executives
- Customer-focused mentality and exceptional communication skills
- Consistently drives high standards to accomplish key goals
- Work with multiple teams and technical leaders to align them on a common vision and ensure security risks are understood and prioritised correctly