Big Data Scientist (Machine Learning, Cloud Computing)
Location : Central Region
Post Date : 27 December 2016
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : GB13263
Line of Business : Technology
Description :The Company
Our client is a growing trading firm HQ in Europe. Due to business expansion, they are keen to hire a Data Engineer to develop their trading algorithm and big data computing model.
* Working closely with various teams, the successful candidate will:
* Take ownership of gathering, understanding and cleaning data, writing ETL tools to manage data from a variety of sources
* Design and implement architecture for big data
* Design and implement architecture for large scale batch processing and on-demand querying, such as through the use of Spark and Redis
* Extend utilisation of off-the-shelf tools such as QlikView, Tableau or D3; and create internal tools for data visualisation and exploration
* Support the Quant Trading team in data analysis
* At least 2 years' experience of programming and big data tools such as SQL, NoSQL, grid computing, caching, Cassandra/BigTable, Hadoop ecosystem, etc.
* Solid programming experience, ideally in Python
* Experience of financial markets, cloud computing, statistics and machine learning
Please send your resume, in WORD format only and quote reference number GB13263, by clicking the apply button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Co. Registration no.: 200612189E | EA Licence no.: 07C5595 | EA Registration no.: R1221710
One Raffles Place Tower 1