An IT Security Specialist identifies and solves potential and actual security problems by analysing where security breaches can or may have occurred and how they can be prevented. They will research, develop, test and review a company’s information security in order to protect access from unauthorised users.
An IT Security Specialist will also install software, implement security measures and monitor networks. Part of their role will be to identify potential security problems and make recommendations on how to improve security measures. As a result, it is paramount that an IT Security Specialist is up to date with the latest system modifications and technological advancements.
- Protecting a company’s security system by controlling access privileges
- Evaluating the efficiency of the security system
- Identifying problems in the security system
- Implementing measures that should reduce security risks
- Upgrading existing systems with any modifications and updates that may enhance security measures
- Preparing technical reports to inform the wider business
As information security grows as a sector, it’s becoming more vital to enter the field with a degree. Whilst a degree in any field is well-received, something related to the industry may be advantageous. This includes:
- Computing Science
- Network Engineering
An IT Security Specialist will also need to have:
- An analytical mind
- Attention to detail and ability to recognise trends in data
- Ability to interpret and communicate information related to IT security
- Discretion as employees may be exposed to sensitive information
Please note, this is an average across various industries. To compare your salary, and receive data on salaries for your sector, visit our salary calculator.
Search for IT security jobs in Singapore below:
- Search for IT security jobs in Singapore Central Region
- Search for IT security jobs in Singapore East Region
- Search for IT security jobs in Singapore West Region
Browse through our current list of IT security jobs in Singapore below, or contact a Robert Half recruitment consultant to discuss further opportunities.