The Project Manager within any company is entirely responsible for the planning, design, execution, monitoring and overall communication of any project. The Project Manager will be given a time, budget and quality standard to meet, and they are in charge of making sure these criteria have been delivered. Within the remit of a Project Manager Role is the responsibility to foresee and prevent any risk that might hinder the project on hand. A Project Manager is likely to manage a team of people as well. This will mean allocating different tasks to different team members and ensuring the whole team remain motivated and co-operative throughout the lifespan of the project.
- Managing and leading the project, and the project team
- Recruiting staff may be a requirement
- Developing a project plan, including budgets – and ensuring these are adhered to during the lifespan of the project
- Managing project deliverables, progress and performance, and reporting on the aforementioned to stakeholders
- Predicting any risks posed to the project and contingency planning to mitigate them
- Working closely with the other members of the team working on the project
- Managing and resolving project issues and problems
- Delivering and reporting on the final project
A Project Manager will need a significant amount of experience to be trusted with such a pivotal role. Some companies may also require a Project Manager to be certified by a professional body.
A degree is advantageous but not essential: various degrees are all highly regarded but different degrees may take precedence depending on the industry of the company.
As a Project Manager, you will be in charge of the entire project so it’s important you display the following qualities:
- Good management skills as you will be in charge of a team. This will mean great interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate your team.
- Communication skills both written and verbal as you will also be communicating and reporting back to key stakeholders on the status of the project
- A keen eye for detail and ability to multi-task and delegate
- Organisational and analytical skills
- Commercial awareness
Please note, this is an average across various industries. To compare your salary, and receive data on salaries for your sector, visit our salary calculator.
Search for project manager jobs in Singapore below:
- Search for project manager jobs in Singapore Central Region
- Search for project manager jobs in Singapore East Region
- Search for project manager jobs in Singapore West Region
Browse through our current list of project manager jobs in Singapore below, or contact a Robert Half recruitment consultant to discuss further opportunities.