Fund Accountant (6 months contract)
Location : Central Region
Post Date : 07 November 2016
Employment Type : Temporary & Contract
Job Order Number : MLJ15892
Line of Business : Project Consulting
- Proficiently and consistently perform a comprehensive and accurate financial statement review in adherence with standard review procedures (including GAAP and S-X requirements) and production schedule deadlines.
- Review the word documents prepared by the staff prior to typesetting. Tie all numbers back to support documents from audit package.
- Review all subsequent drafts and page proofs until fund has been released.
- Complete a thorough and analytical review of the NSARs and 24f-2 fee calculations for all assigned funds.
- Effectively manage workload to ensure that information is complete and accurate while meeting deadlines for self and staff.
- Coordinate with auditors to resolve open audit items on assigned funds timely and demonstrate ability to effectively troubleshoot and resolve complex issues during an audit.
- Ensure client and auditors are satisfied with resolutions.
- Exhibit accountability and ownership of all assigned work.
- Become familiar with all systems used by group, i.e. FundSuite SX, FAW and MCH.
- Communicate to managers any pending issues/problems encountered during preparation/review of funds.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of unique characteristics of the client and their funds.
- Develop the ability to accept/seek out increased responsibilities within the group.
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe)
- Good communication skills
- Good funds understanding
- Familiar with GAAP and SX
- Available for 6 months
Co. Registration no.: 200612189E | EA Licence no.: 07C5595 | EA Registration no.: R1547259
One Raffles Place Tower 1