S$3500 - 4300 / month
July 3, 2018
Finance and accounting
Robert Half is the world's leading specialised recruitment firm and the first to provide placement services for accounting, finance and information technology professionals. We are looking to hire an Assistant Accountant.
The Assistant Accountant will support the Financial Controller - Asia in the day to day finance and accounting functions of the Asia operations. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Responsible for General Ledger, Fixed Assets and Inter-company reconciliations.
- Statutory and financial reporting, including handling audit queries from internal and external auditors.
- Prepare Balance Sheet schedules & bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly cash flow statement for submission to corporate office
- Prepare schedules for audit and taxation.
- Timely and accurate submission of monthly and quarterly financial statements.
- Quarterly GST submission and reporting.
- Upload the month-end financials from Sage ERP to PeopleSoft
- Assist the Financial Controller in any other Ad-hoc assignments.
- Scrutinize vendor invoices; ensure the invoices are approved by the appropriate authorities before recording them in the accounting system for payment settlement.
- Receive vendor calls and handle appropriately.
- Process vendor payments and ensure vendors are paid on a timely manner via telegraphic transfer.
- Post AP invoices and bank payment vouchers into Sage ERP system
- Process staff expense claims in Concur.
Accounts Receivable / Credit Control
- Raise invoices upon candidate start date and send it to customers on a regular basis.
- Update receipts in the accounting system
You must have a degree with 2 - 3 years' experience in a medium sized environment as an Accounts Executive / Assistant Accountant. Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skill with analytical, meticulous and have an eye for detail and good positive working attitude. Ideally you have excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize items. To be successful, you are proficient in accounting systems such as Sage ERP 300/ACCPAC and Microsoft excel/ word as well as a team player and ability to work independently.
Apply TodayPlease send your resume, in WORD format only and quote reference number Ref No BA0718, by clicking the apply button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.