S$5,000.00 - S$8,000.00 / month
9 April 2019
Our client is a global leader within the mining and metals industry. For their marine division, they are looking for a Vessel Accountant to expand their team.
As a Vessel Accountant, you have the opportunity to work in an international environment with exposure to global operations. This role will support the Senior Management Accountant in all activities for the fleet of 17 owned vessels.
- Responsible for the full voyage and owned fleet accounting process, this includes time charter allocation journals and voyage closures
- Ensuring that monthly operating costs and depreciation of the fleet of vessels are fully accounted for and analyzed in conjunction with operations team
- Liaising regularly with the operations team and ensuring they have the most efficient and accurate process to allow the correct accounting for voyages, resolving any issues arising from system changes.
- Using problem solving skills and proactive thinking to continuously improve processes and add value to the business.
- Supporting month end processes including running the monthly voyage accrual, compiling underlying data reports (e.g. Voyage Closures/ Major Movements/ Operations Report) in line with timetable requirements
- Coordinating monthly and quarterly debtor and creditor reporting, ensuring reports are available for distribution prior to the required due date
- Reviewing all standard processes within the scope of the role, identify and recommend improvements and implement approved recommendations that have a measurable improvement in accuracy and efficiency
- Tertiary qualified and CPA/CA Qualified or equivalent
- Significant years of relevant accounting experience ideally including shipping accounting concepts
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of SAP strongly preferred
- Able to work with functional support staff based in overseas locations to resolve and troubleshoot issues.
- Knowledge of the resource or shipping industry would be useful but not essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Please send your resume, in WORD format only and quote reference number Ref No MD09042019, by clicking the apply button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Co. Registration no.: 200612189E | EA Licence no.: 07C5595 | EA Registration no.: R1879423
Singapore9 Raffles Place
#40-02 Republic Plaza I
Singapore 048619 +65 6533 7778