Finance Manager Salary Guide
Are you a hiring manager or changing jobs? Download the Robert Half Salary Guide and view salary benchmarking data for Finance Manager and Finance and accounting trends.
A Finance Manager oversees the financial management and reporting activities of the company, and is responsible for budget planning as well as supporting executive management team in offering insights and financial advices that will allow them to make the best business decisions for the company.
Finance Manager duties and responsibilities of the job
As a crucial member of the finance team, a typical Finance Manager job description should include, but not be limited to:
- Overseeing and reviewing works done by the finance team
- Producing financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc.
- Developing long-term business plans based on these reports
- Budgeting and forecasting for the business
- Liaising with external auditors and tax agents
- Looking into strengthening current internal control and process improvement
Finance Manager job qualifications and requirements
A degree and several years’ experience in the Finance and Accounting field will be required to succeed in a Finance Manager role. A degree in the following fields will prove particularly advantageous:
- Accountancy or Finance
- Business Studies
As well as formal qualifications, a Finance Manager job description should detail the following qualities:
- An analytical mind
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial and business acumen
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Ability to stick to time constraints
Are you looking for a Finance Manager role? View our latest Finance Manager jobs here.