Data Analyst Salary Guide
Are you a hiring manager or changing jobs? Download the Robert Half Salary Guide and view salary benchmarking data for Data Analyst and IT and Technology trends.
A Data Analyst interprets data and turns it into information which can offer ways to improve a business, thus affecting business decisions. A Data Analyst gathers information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends – as such a Data Analyst job description should highlight the analytical nature of the role. Once data has been gathered and interpreted, the Data Analyst reports back what has been found in a comprehensive study to the wider business/relevant colleagues.
Data Analyst duties and responsibilities of the job
Data Analysts often make recommendations about the methods and ways in which a company obtains and analyses data to improve quality and the efficiency of data systems. A Data Analyst job description should include, but not be limited to:
- Collecting and interpreting data
- Analysing results
- Reporting the results back to the relevant members of the business
- Identifying patterns and trends in data sets
- Working alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs
- Defining new data collection and analysis processes
Data Analyst job qualifications and requirements
A degree in the following subjects is beneficial in developing a career in data analysis:
- Computer Science
There are also a number of qualities to expect from a candidate to flourish in a Data Analyst role:
- Experience in data models and reporting packages
- Ability to analyse large datasets
- Ability to write comprehensive reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as Data Analysts do communicate with the wider business
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Attention to detail as data analysis and reporting must be precise
Are you looking for a Data Analyst role? View our latest Data Analyst jobs here.