AVP - Valuation Risk Controller
S$80000 - 100000 / annum
25 September 2018
Banking and financial services
An international top-tier bank is urgently looking for an AVP - Valuation Risk Controller in Singapore; Asia Pacific coverage.
- Formulating and conducting independent price verification (IPV) processes.
- Reviewing suitability of valuation methodology and ensure trades are valued using approved valuation methodology.
- Ensure timely, thorough and in-depth analysis and commentary for price testing and performing unauthorized trading detection controls.
- Supporting audit and regulatory requirements.
- Supporting Pre-Trade and material Day 1 PL reviews from a valuations control perspective.
- Contributing to valuation governance processes and supporting the relevant product valuations working groups.
- Presenting summary level analysis to global product head.
- Reviewing and challenging IPV results received from offshore deployment centers.
- Supporting innovation and building new solutions to improve processes and controls
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, economics or quantitative-related subject. A recognized professional accountancy or post graduate degree in finance is helpful.
- 5-8 years of experience in a Valuation Control, Risk or Product Control related function in the Banking industry
- Highly numerate with excellent product, financial modeling, and risk and valuation technique knowledge. Rates/FX derivative experience is helpful.
- Strong communication skills, able to articulate complex issues clearly and succinctly to senior management.
- Possess business partnership skills and experience in valuation control Target Operating Model design and implementation.
- Ability to partner across regional teams and with senior stakeholders to achieve organizational objectives.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Strong Excel Skills (Excel/Access). Working knowledge of Excel VBA preferred but not necessary.
- High level of integrity and accountability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Please send your resume, in WORD format only and quote reference number KH10648019, by clicking the apply button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Co. Registration no.: 200612189E | EA Licence no.: 07C5595 | EA Registration no.: R1106582
Singapore1 Raffles Place #27-02
One Raffles Place Tower 1
SINGAPORE 048610 +65 6533 7778