What is an IT Auditor?
The IT Auditor uses a systematic risk-based approach to analyse a company's IT infrastructure, ensuring all processes and systems are operating accurately and efficiently, while meeting compliance requirements of Singapore and global standards.
They will assess the internal controls of an information system to identify weaknesses in security protocols and make recommendations to strengthen the system against security breaches.
What should be included in an IT Auditor job description?
If you are hiring an IT Auditor in Singapore, the job description can feature:
- Planning and managing audit processes
- Designing audit programs and timelines
- Developing and executing data analysis procedures
- Evaluating the IT controls supporting business operations
- Identifying and assessing all technology, information and cyber risks
- Reviewing applications and IT infrastructure for security risks
- Supporting business audits by providing technology audit expertise
- Preparing and submitting audit reports to management and external auditors
- Recommending improvements to the organisation’s information systems
What skills and qualifications should an IT Auditor have?
A formal degree is typically required for an IT Auditor role in Singapore, often with tertiary qualifications in:
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Engineering or equivalent
Professional certifications such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) may also be desired for an IT Auditor.
There are several qualities that candidates for an IT Auditor role in Singapore should be expected to display:
- Establishing and maintaining constructive, positive and objective working relationships with internal customers at all levels in the organisation
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable with taking calculated risks and dealing with ambiguity
- Able to work independently and manage work to meet the internal and external audit deadlines
- Must be able to work across an organisation and develop working relationships with key IT and business partners